Stressed out or Relaxed holiday? Materialism or Nativityism?

Hard to believe it is December already!  Are you ready for Christmas?  Do you stress out about gettting Christmas just right?  In the past Christmas for me it has been about stress...get the ornaments out, get the baking done, buy the perfect presents, mail out the cards, and the list goes on.  All the things a good old fashioned Christmas is.  This year I have decided its going to be a little more relaxing around here.  Yes, the tree is up...but I did not go all out and decorate the whole house.  The presents are a little more simple.  Who knows it any baking will get done or not. 



Instead of hustle and bustle I am looking for morning cups of coffee with time for reflection..preferably coffee with peppermint mocha creamer!  Listening to my holiday music, preferably without words, while dancing with the little ones in the morning.  Snuggly afternoons with my now 4 year old puppy and maybe my knitting.  And family filled evenings at least once a week!  Yep, still busy running around.  I am hoping to throw in time with friends and maybe some baking we will see. 

Jesus is the reason for the season is the saying inside of my cards if you miss out on them.  I did make a few, and will be hand delivering them this year.  Not because I don't trust the USPS to deliver them, but I want to make it a little more personal this time.  Some have to be mailed, cuz not all of you live in my neighborhood! 

Jesus is the reason we have this season.  I am glad my children are old enough to appreciate that Santa does not stop here this year.  We are focusing more on relaxing family time...less materialism more nativityism.  (yep, a homemade term!)

Merry Christmas friends and family!  May Jesus be the reason for your season.  May you relax and bask in the light of your tree and be thankful for all he has done for you in the past year and relive the good times of holidays past. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb

Anchor yourself

I miss the crunch!