Father's day

I was blessed to have my father in my life since I was born.  My children are blessed with the presence of their father.  However, not everyone can say the same.  More than 20 million children are growing up without their biological fathers in their lives.  This saddens me.  A parents role in their children's lives is to love, teach, nurture and model for their children.  In my opinion this is best done as a team.  Sometimes this has to be done by one parent alone,  but that is alot for one person to handle. 

So, if your child doesn't have 2 parents in their life, don't panic.  Know that there are people to assist them.  It still takes a village to raise a child.  Good role models are important.  People who love children unconditionally.  Teach them morals, respect, good work ethic, and tell them of God's love for them.  This does not have to be a job of a parent....it could be teacher, a neighbor, an aunt or uncle, a grandparent.  Model these for the children of today.  Help out the parents of today to help fill the gaps our children are experiencing. 

Happy Father's day to the dad's out there, and to the moms who are pulling double duty.  May you feel the Lord's blessing in your life today and always.  And for the rest of us, take time to be a good role model today.  Build a relationship with a child that helps fill the gaps left by this crazy world!  With parental approval of course!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb

I miss the crunch!

Roots part 2