Summer Reading

One of the best things for me as a child about summer vacation was the summer reading program thru our local library.  We had a book mobile that would drive to a park by our house and I would ride my bike up and fill my backpack with books to take home.  I don't remember the prizes or anything but all of the books that arrived!  I loved to read!  So today I took the daycare children up to our local library to sign them up for the summer reading program.  I also signed myself up for it.  Then we came home and I selected my first book for the summer- Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury.  I am looking forward to reading this summer- especially when it is too warm to knit.  Too bad the adults don't get cool prizes for reading like the kids do!  Oh well!  Reading is fun no matter what!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb

Roots part 2

I miss the crunch!