Snowy Sunday

Sunday so soon?  Wow where did the time go? This week was a busy one for me.  Three snow storms, a pedicure, school closures and my daughters baby shower.  Today is for me.  So what did I do? 

First I napped.  Then, I got to work in the kitchen!

First up,  juice.  Broke out the juicer and cleaned out the fridge.  Cucumber, celery, spinach, carrot, pear and green apple.  Should be a great pick me up for one morning this week!

Next, I prepped fruit for the week.  Had some mangos and pineapple to cut up.  Hubby is bringing home strawberries later tonite.  All cut up and into single serve, easy to grab containers.  Love fresh fruit for snack.  It has quickly become my mindless eating go to.  Not being a raw veggie fan, it's better for me than junk food.

Last up....dinner.  Tonite I chose a new recipe.  BBQ sweet potato  sandwhich!  Not something I would have come up with on my own.  Found on pinterest.  Now going to be part of my recipe book I am gathering.

Here is the recipe:

1 sweet potato, cleaned and grated.  Leave peel on.
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 -1/2 c favorite barbecue sauce

1.  Heat oil over med high heat in large deep skillet
2. Add sweet potato when oil and pan is hot.
3. Cook until sweet potato is browning and starting to dry out.  Flipping and stirring often.
4. Reduce heat to medium low and add sauce.
5. Cook another 10-15 minutes until sweet potato is cooked how you like it.  Stir often

Serve on favorite bun or in a wrap!

This recipe could easily be increased for more people or to make it so you have leftovers for the week.  All the nutrients and vitamins from a root veggie and comfort food as well!  Great combination!!!!

Now it is time to sit and enjoy the winter Olympics on tv.  Go team USA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb

I miss the crunch!

Sick day brings new ideas