Clean out the fridge soup!

I have today off from school!  So what am I going to do with this free time?  Make soup!  One of the best things about eating a vegetarian plant based lifestyle is experiencing new foods! 

I have noticed food tastes, smells and looks so much better since making the change over.  Hard to believe it's been almost a year!

Today I am making what I call my clean out the fridge soup.  For my base I will use tomato juice.  Then I add whatever fresh veggies I have on hand...this time it was califlower, carrots and cucumber.  Next up protein...I had frozen black beans and a can of garbanzo beans.  Top off with a handful of rinsed quinoa and set on low. 

I normally make this before going to work and leave on low all day, then I can just scoop and serve when I get home.  However today, I will be able to enjoy the smells of a homemade dinner while it simmers!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb

I miss the crunch!

Roots part 2