How available are you?

Are you a caterpillar waiting to turn into a butterfly? 

I heard on the radio this morning, God isn't interested in your ability..he is interested in your availability.  That makes me think, how available am I to God?   Am I available to stop and take in the beauty he has created?  Am I available to stop and listen to him thru his word?  Am I available to be his hands and feet in my community?  Am I making myself available to feel his nudging and to step out of the boat to follow him without questions or complaints?  I believe I have room for improvement.  It would be hard to find anyone who doesn't.  Jesus as God's son is the only one who is perfect.  And at times, he asked God to take the pressure off of him as well.  He also asked his Heavenly Father to forgive us as we fall short of perfection. 

So how can I make myself more available to God?  How will you make yourself more available?  What would this world be like if we all worked just a little harder to listen and follow what God is nudging us to do.  We could leave the world a better place for the next generation.   We could lessen the strife between the genders, the races, the world in general. 

If God can take a caterpillar and transform it into a butterfly, think what he could do with us if we would just be more available to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb

I miss the crunch!

Sick day brings new ideas