Whats for supper tonite? Potato soup

When I was growing up, potato soup was one of my favorite soups my mom would make.  So naturally it is one of the soups I make for my own family. 

Ok so I try.  I never mastered her way of making soup. Her recipe had too many steps for me and my busy lifestyle. So over the years I have made a couple of different recipes for potato soup. Some my family enjoyed, some they tolerated, some they refused. 

I finally discovered one that I could make that fit all the needs : like moms, easy and family approved. 

Here is the recipe I use:
5 pounds of russet potatos cut into chunks (unpeeled)
1 medium yellow or white onion
10 cloves of minced garlic
64 ounces of veggie broth
16 ounces of cream cheese softened

Place all but cream cheese into crockpot and cook til potatos are tender.  Approx 8 to 10 hours on low

Then add cream cheese and use immersion blender to incorporate the cheese and make the soup creamy.  You can leave some chunks.  I normally blend about 3/4 of the pot.

Serve! Garnish as you wish.  Some of my families favorite garnishes are bacon. cheese and chives. 

This recipe is grain free, gluten free, and vegetarian.  However with the cream cheese I will be watching portions size.  If you enjoy this recipe let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb

I miss the crunch!