I miss the crunch!

Anyone else miss the crunch of a potato chip?  I love potato chips but don't like the unhealthy version. So I am on a quest to replace my chips with a healthier version. 

Tonite I tried to make some out of sweet potatos.  No oil, baked not fried.  It's gonna take some tweaking if I am making them for more than just me.  Ok, I burned most of them.  However, some survived and I had them for a snack. 

Here is the recipe:
1 scrubbed and washed sweet potato.
Salt
Pepper
Water

Slice the sweet potato thin (I used a mandolin )
Put them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle with water
Salt and pepper to taste
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes
After 20 minutes, check them and flip them
Bake 20 more minutes.  Watch them!
Cool and store in air tight container If you have any leftover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhubarb

Sick day brings new ideas