Life changes and new things

I started a little under a year ago making changes to my eating habits.  I was feeling overwhelmed, irritable, exhausted, couldn't shake a cough and had lots of joint pain.  Doctor ran tests to rule out things like blood clots and pnemonia.  So I started reading and watching videos. 

I decided to cut animal products out of my eating habits. Cold turkey. No gradual transition.   I also cut most animal dairy products as well.  I focused on eating fruit, vegetables and grains.  Yes, some items are harder to replace than others.  I have learned alot over the past year. I have alot to still learn.  I have not lost a ton of weight. May have even gained a few at times.  However, my body doesn't ache, I am sleeping better and I am must healthier which to me is better than losing weight! At least in the beginning

My loving husband did not make the changes I have. That is ok. I didn't make it for moral reasons, I did it for me. I won't force my choices on anyone.  So I was very surprised with some of his comments lately.  He came home with little tidbits like we should eat more mushrooms.  They are a good source of Vitamin  D. And tonite he is making us dinner.  He discovered quinoa pasta.  He wants to try it. I am definitely not gonna tell him NO! Quinoa is a good source of protein. And I love pasta! I had reduced my pasta intake because of flour.  So tonite we dine together. No separate cooking.  He will have his meat on the side. We will both enjoy sauted mushrooms and peppers in our sauce over a new type of pasta.  The pasta was a success! Yummy! Definitely will be having again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I miss the crunch!

How available are you?

Green juice for the win!